PDA

View Full Version : Official stupid Human Tricks Thread

RichBowyer
01-29-2008, 07:23 AM
I think we need an "Official stupid Human Tricks Thread". We can post all the stupid stuff we do with our fishtanks and maybe someone will laugh their butt offf and remember it when they are doing something with their tanks.

I'll start..........

RichBowyer
01-29-2008, 07:28 AM
I did a water change today with my python. It doesn't get any better then when you use the python. I have a large tank with overflows and an undercabinet filter/pump. The water gets to a certain level and I start the pump up. As it continues to fill I monitor the level and watch carefully. As I realize the level isn't rising I hear the water pouring onto the floor. With this set up the water will overflow out of the open filter housing, not the tank!

And I KNOW this!

mitcore
01-29-2008, 08:23 AM
LOL

let me think

this one all of the tank work for the last week LOL

i agree i think we should start it
mods what do you think?

sailor
01-29-2008, 01:52 PM
I use the python as well for my water changes, 99% of the time with no problems. But there was 1 day about 4 months back where I was re-filling the 120 gal frontosa tank after a water change and my girlfriend phoned home from work to ask if I could run down to the corner store and pick up our super 7 lottery ticket before the cut off time. I said sure, it's only a 1 minute drive (lots of time to fill tank as I had just started) turned down the water flow to about half way went to the store bought our ticket. I ran into a buddy I had not seen in a while. We talked for about 5 mins, he asked if I wanted to go next door for a cold beer, I said sure, who ever heard of a sailor turning down a beer. I was about halfway through my 3rd beer and stop. I remember the tank filling at home. I fly out of there get home to water every where. What a mess, it took about 2 hours to clean up the mess. Lucky I didn't kill my fronts, but they were really uncomfortable for a while.

RichBowyer
05-04-2008, 01:22 AM
To the top for Smaug:hmm3grin2orange: