PDA

View Full Version : Everything is Dying!!! Help

boulderman1
09-12-2006, 09:11 PM
it all started when one of my 4 rams died, after removing him, i noticed that my other three rams had ich, i immeidately went to the lfs and bought Quick Cure and Melafix, i treated the tank with QC the first day, then with QC and Melafix(for the sores caused by ich) the second and QC and Melafix the third day, on the fourth day(today), i noticed that another ram had died, only two left now, so i did a 25% percent water change and started another 3-day Quick Cure routine, the rams look fine except that one is acting very frantic and darting about, now, even after the 3 days of medication, my pearl gourami is starting to rub against things like it has ich although i haven't noticed any spots on him yet, what's the deal, why is the rams darting, why hasn't the medication stopped ich from spreading to my pearl

water conditions as of Sept. 9: Nitrate 40 ppm, Nitrite 0 ppm, total hardness 400 ppm (probably due to salt i added), alkalinaty 40 ppm, pH 7.8, 0 ammonia, temp. 82 (raised for ich treatment)

feeding sparingly every other day

also, my angel is doing perfect, no concern there, but my dwarf gourmi got a chunk taken out of his tail a while ago and is now getting some black coloration on his anal fin, i hope the melafix will treat this, will it and why hasn't it shown improvement

ugg, there is all is, fish dying and acting weird all over the place, help me so my whole tank doesn't completely die, i'm trying all i know to save it and it doesn't seem to be enough

thanks

P.S. just ask if you need any more specs!!

William
09-13-2006, 03:46 AM
Se your other thread.

Lady Hobbs
09-20-2006, 12:16 AM
How much salt have you added? Your nitrates indicate a gravel cleaning is probably necessary as well. You also need to be careful not to add too many medications at once. I probably would have removed the charcoal from the filter (leaving the filter...just removing the charcoal) and treated for the ICK first. After a couple days, did a 25% water change and treated again and leave the fish in it for 2 or 3 more days.

ICK is not killed when it's on the fish and only after it leaves the fish will it die as it goes thru another stage.

Fin rot is a secondary infection that is caused from ICK. When the ICK is gone, I would then treat with the Melafix.

Good luck but don't wait.

kimmers318
09-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Good advice from Hobbs :D , take it in baby steps with meds, one at a time. The only other thing I would try would be dosing the fish with some stress coat, in my (liimited) experience, I have had great success with it making the fish feel better externally, it claims to help the fish with their slime coat, promote healing and tissue regeneration. It is a tap water conditioner that is safe to squirt directly onto the fish.

Tornado
09-20-2006, 03:00 PM
I just want to 2nd the use of Stress Coat. I have a big bottle under my aquarium at all times ^^ Good stuff

Lady Hobbs
09-20-2006, 03:05 PM
And 3rd vote for the Stress Coat! Great stuff.