PDA

View Full Version : Sadness

Incredulous_Ed
01-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Well, all the fry disappeared. I woke up on sunday morning to find no fry in the tank and two very aggresive males chasing the female everywhere. My only guess is that the wrigglers became free swimming overnight and were immediately eaten by the tetras. In fact I think I saw a tetra munching on something. Well I had to remove one of the rams because he was harrasing the female too much. Next time I will remove the fry while they are wrigglers. Why is the male attacking the fermale so much??

angelcakes
01-28-2008, 07:53 PM
hello,sorry for your losses :( i have heard that using a tank divider is good if you wish to breed youre fish that may help or a breeding net,small suggestion that migh help,:4:

angelcakes
01-28-2008, 07:55 PM
with the above you might be able to keep the female in the net or divider so the male will keep away from her so shes protected to,:19:

country_boy454
01-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Sorry for your loss Ed. Next time around you will be prepared.

kitten3326
01-28-2008, 10:37 PM
I am so sorry about your loss, you have inspired me to set up my new 37 gallon now cycling with dwarfs, they are a beautiful fish, once again I am soooo sorry:scry:

SkarloeysMom
01-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Well, all the fry disappeared. I woke up on sunday morning to find no fry in the tank and two very aggresive males chasing the female everywhere. My only guess is that the wrigglers became free swimming overnight and were immediately eaten by the tetras. In fact I think I saw a tetra munching on something. Well I had to remove one of the rams because he was harrasing the female too much. Next time I will remove the fry while they are wrigglers. Why is the male attacking the fermale so much??

Oh Ed!! I'm so sorry all your fry are gone! That is sad! I hope they males calm down. Don't know what might be going on there.

fishfanatic33
01-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Awwww....sorry you lost your fry. Thats got to be tough

jbeining75
01-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Sorry about thefry loss man. Hopefully you get a pair to spawn again.