PDA

View Full Version : Tradgedy in the tank.. Oh poor lucky

jbeining75
01-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Today is a day I will remember for the rest of my life. My poor little ghost shrimp... lucky.... who had made it in the tank with my two Oscars for 5 months today went to a better place.............. And I killed him. Well I really didn't kill him, Jarvis my Tiger Oscar did but it was completely my fault. I was doing my water change 20% and I didn't see Jarvis in the clay pot. I tilted it up to vacuum under it and Jarvis freaked out. Poor little lucky got backed into a corner tried to swim up and Jarvis ate him. It's weird because I think Jarvis knows what he did. Hes been pouting around the tank since. Hmmm.... I couldn't believe it. Lucky used to sit on the pot end and Jarvis and Carl would go right upto him and push him. They were never aggressive towards him. :14:

angelcakes
01-28-2008, 03:51 PM
sorry for youre loss :ssad:

NickFish
01-28-2008, 03:53 PM
NO! Not Lucky!
Sorry for your loss he was a real nice shrimp.

Tooch
01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
I just saw this post you put up yesterday...

Currently I have a 55 gallon and 37 gallon. In late march, early April I will start cycling my 120 gallon for my 2 Oscars and 3 Plecos to go into. And of course lucky if hes still alive. 5 months and still ticking that little ghost shrimp. Whats funny about it is the Oscars will go right up to him and nudge him with their top lips but have yet to eat him. My 55 gallon will probably turn into a dwarf south american tank. Some german blue rams, gold rams, and male butterflies (bolivians) and maybe some apisto. I can't wait. My Oscars should be around 6 inches by then. I was looking at a 30 gallon for spotted puffer too!!!!

I think you jinxed yourself... Sorry bout Lucky! I have one in my 30gal that's been living in there since I got it up 3 weeks ago. He was the only one in there until I added a Garra Panda and 4 neons. It's neat to catch something moving out of the corner of my eye when I'm watching tv, and kinda see him moving around.

jbeining75
01-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Yeah I was looking at that post and thinking man I'm an idiot lol. Just watch the ghost shrimp they will jump out of the tank if its not completely hooded.

jbeining75
01-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Hmmm. I guess I got to change my signature now.

kitten3326
01-28-2008, 10:49 PM
I am very soorrrry to hear about lucky, Jarvis is a little unhappy I bet, I am sure he knows what he did, again sorry

squirt_12
01-28-2008, 11:45 PM
sorry to hear about Lucky :(

Lady Hobbs
01-29-2008, 12:37 AM
Shrimp are just tasty morsels for Oscars.

jbeining75
01-30-2008, 02:03 AM
Not this one we was special

Treerat
01-31-2008, 04:26 AM
Thats so sad. I never like to hear about accidental eating of favorite fishy characters. I had a the cutest albino clawed frog, Smokey, who had gotten in the way of one of my butterfly fish as both when for the same feeder guppy and Smoke got his arm chomped and broke in the jaws of the fish. He died a few weeks later of complications of it, but the loss was tragic nonetheless. I feel for the loss of Lucky.