PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Tropheus

sailor
01-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Maybe the experts on here can help me out. I have my colony of Tropheus Moori Kiku in a 55 galon tank. I am picking up a 125 gal tank so I am going to transfer my frontosa into this from their current 120 gal. I am sure they will apreciate the extra space. I then want to transfer the Kiku's into the 120 gal tank. Since there is only 12 of them and I can not locate any more of this variety, I want to put a second colony of tropheus in with them. I am worried about x breeding, which I do not want to happen. So what are the different types of tropheus I can place in there with them that won't cross breed with a Tropgeus Moori species. Thanks in advance

Sailor

Marius
03-31-2008, 01:27 AM
55gal... you gotta be kidding :hmm3grin2orange:

OK, minimum tank for Tropheus should be 75 gal wide, minimum 2 dozen fish to avoid useless deaths due to aggression.

If you upgrade to 120 gal (is that a 5' tank???) I don't know how many frontosas you have, but if your intention is to get another tropheus group then I'd use the new 6'er for the Tropheus

Mixing Duboisi OK with any morphological different ones (Ilangi, Moliro, Chimba, Nkhonde and so on, but only one more group)

sailor
03-31-2008, 01:43 AM
The Kiku's started out as small fry in the 55 gal. They started with 12 and a year later there is still 12 in number. The are doing great in the 120 gal tank.