PDA

View Full Version : Help with diagnosis - injury, tumor or what?

ponderingky
01-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi all,

I have a breeder female angelfish that has developed a small orange/red inflammed area on one of her fins. It looks puffy - like a fatty tumor but has red streaks/blood vessels that are noticable. She is eating well and acting normal. I noticed it a few days ago - have been doing daily w/c's (about 30 to 40%) and adding salt to the tank. I thought it might be an injury that has become a little infected. After several days of salt/w/c's - no real change. Has anyone else seen anything like this? If so - what was the treatment. I have mela and pima fix on order, thought I might add as a precaution.

I do allow the parents to raise their fry for about 10 days before moving them to a grow out tank - there were over 400 in the tank with her about three days ago. Water parameters are all good - no ammonia, no nitrite and low nitrate.

Pictures follow - thanks for any help.

angelcakes
01-27-2008, 09:44 PM
hello,i would try melafix and pimafix ,it could be an infection,but please dont hold me to that!but i would try treating asap to stop it getting worse,try the melafix first as it is good for red sores and open wounds,good luck i hope you get it sorted soon thumbs2:

Lady Hobbs
01-27-2008, 09:58 PM
One of my angels had some sort of lump coming from her gills for months. She appeared fine but that lump drove me nuts. I added tank salt, finally, and honest to god, the lump was gone in two days! I couldn't believe it but it worked and I always use salt now as a cure all.

jbeining75
01-27-2008, 10:35 PM
I use aquarium salt in all my tanks when they are started gives the fish a natural tonic and helps boost their immune system functions.

mitcore
01-28-2008, 09:43 AM
i agree melafix is a good start

i have exactly the same angel mine is male in a pair i call him lemon

great pics and of i love the fish LOL