PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Saimese

brissiebabe
09-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Hello. I have a saimese fighting fish in a small bowl and a standard goldfish in another. Would the saimese attack the goldfish If i put them in the same tank. the goldfish is slightly larger than the saimese. The tank is large enough for the two I am just worried about the saimese attacking and possibly killing my goldfish.

Full3R
09-10-2006, 11:36 AM
i keep 6 fantails goldfish 2 larger and 4 same sized as my siamese fighter they are in a tank with nothing but gravel and a airstone and i never have any problems what so ever

brissiebabe
09-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Cool, thanks Full3R. I am a huge lover of goldfish and my boyfriend loves the saimese however we have a buisy lifestyle so cleaning and taking care of many seperate tanks becomes quite time consuming. I was hoping everything would be fine as saimese are usually only agressive to other aggressive fish.

NorthernBoy
09-10-2006, 12:25 PM
I would say that is a bad idea. I think the siamese will kill the goldfish quite quickly. IMO

brissiebabe
09-10-2006, 12:33 PM
I am guessing it must depend on the environment and the circumstances and so on. I had 3 goldies in with a blue claw crayfish and to my supprise the crayfish was very tame. We had the blueclaw in a freshwater tropical tank before the goldies tank and all he did was eat other fish. Fish are soo unpredictable. :?

brissiebabe
09-10-2006, 12:35 PM
I will give it a go and keep yous posted on the results.

Full3R
09-10-2006, 03:01 PM
how big is the tank?

Full3R
09-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Northern boy ill ill agree that it is a risk to keep the fish together the only thing in my personal experience that went wrong is black moors which the betta attacked at the ready and im not sure if the moor will make it so im thinking about feeding it to my biggest barra if it dies, but yes it is risky apart from moors ive nevewr had problems