PDA

View Full Version : different growth rates of fry

Arkie
01-26-2008, 02:29 AM
well a few months ago i was very lucky and had some of my fish spawn, the convicts, the kribensis and my red forest jewels. they are all growing well and looking great just a quick question though, some individuals are still rather small compared to their siblings, is this just normal??? lol i think it is and im overly paranoid that i might be doing something wrong. im doing regular water changes and they get fed twice a day, either flakes, freeze dried shrimp and just started them on frozen blood worms (which they seem to love). please just reassure me its just normal and not because im a bad fish mummy lol

Fishalicious
01-26-2008, 02:44 AM
It is more than normal ;) ;) You have the stronger more dominant babies who manage to eat more and the weaker ones who take their time growing... in the end they all get there though :thumb:

Fishguy2727
01-26-2008, 03:23 AM
There is also variation in how well they are getting the nutrients out of what they eat. Some may not be processing as much protein and other nutrients as other individials, therefore causing variations in growth rate and max size.