PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Angels??

Harls
01-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Is there such things as FW Dwarf angels?
if so how big do they get and would they get along with gobies kuhlis dwarf gouramis??

Demi ^_^
01-25-2008, 10:48 AM
I typed it in google and I didn't get anything :/ But I maght be wrong, don't Angels only get 3.5" anyway?

http://elmersaquarium.com/10angels.htm

Harls
01-25-2008, 11:09 AM
??? i read that i want more i wnt someone who keeps them!:p

Lady Hobbs
01-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Never heard of them.

Fishalicious
01-25-2008, 07:21 PM
That link isn't giving the right information.... scalare are in wild caught form and als in the many man made colors... I have never seen a grown Angelfish smaller than 6 inches - top fin to bottom fin... Altums can grow much larger.

I have never heard of seen of dwarf angels and I hope I don't :ezpi_wink1:

smaug
01-25-2008, 07:39 PM
No such thing as dwarf angels.Leopoldis are smaller the scalares but not by a big amount.Expect a well cared for angel to be at least6-7" from top fin tip to bottom tip.Mine is 6".

Demi ^_^
01-25-2008, 11:03 PM
That link isn't giving the right information.... scalare are in wild caught form and als in the many man made colors... I have never seen a grown Angelfish smaller than 6 inches - top fin to bottom fin... Altums can grow much larger.

I have never heard of seen of dwarf angels and I hope I don't :ezpi_wink1:

Thanx Fishalicious! I was confused with their sizes :) Thankyou for telling me <3

Harls
01-26-2008, 12:42 PM
so would they eat gobies

smaug what is your avvie of i have never known and i think it looks like a jellyfish!

smaug
01-26-2008, 01:42 PM
so would they eat gobies

smaug what is your avvie of i have never known and i think it looks like a jellyfish!
It is a pic of my striped raphs head peaking from his driftwood cave,his name is Smaug i am his servant.
As for your goby question,are the 2 compatible for water type?Are not gobys brack fish?As for eating them,if they fit in the mouth it is food.

Dave66
01-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Altums can grow much larger.

Got that right. I had six Altums between 18 and 22 inches tall, namby-pamby prima donna pain in the tuckus fish they were. Grew them from the size of a quarter. Big ole tank, dark as pitch, pH low 5's, sheesh what was I thinking. Far more trouble than they were worth. Sold them to a guy in my aquarium club that'd been drooling over them for months for $3600. Put a bunch of Rasboras in that tank; its cypranid city now.
Good wild caught scalare can top out at 8 inches tall. The man-made hybrid what nots have trouble reaching six.

Dave

mitcore
01-26-2008, 10:10 PM
i have never heard of dwarf angels either

all mine are big angels