PDA

View Full Version : i would like to grow my own plants need advice

mitcore
01-25-2008, 06:15 AM
that big 4ft tank that burst on me not long ago is where i plan on growing the plants

here is my idea

i want it outside but i need to know what i need to set it up and if i need air/heating etc

thanks alll just trying to drop fish costs

Ty
01-25-2008, 06:29 AM
how about somethign simmilar to how the pet store does it, water starts on the top, and runs through 3 or 4 "levels" and then is pumped back up to the top so there is a constant flow of water for all of the plants.
I will see if I can find a picture of what I am talking about because Im guesssing my description does not ring any bells. lol

Arkie
01-25-2008, 10:40 AM
i know what your talking about, ive seen then in the pet shops myself and often thought it would look cool with different fish in each section too, if they were big enough sections that is lol. or lots of different bettas, every colour of the rainbow. i nearly bought a tank already divided up like that the other week actually but i was a few hours too late and somebody else had paid a deposit unfortunately for me

Lady Hobbs
01-25-2008, 03:13 PM
It's too bad you can't set it up somewhere inside because you'll be getting cold weather in OZ land when your season changes and I can't see how you can possibly move it once planted.

I thought of trying the same thing when my 29 gallon leaked but the leak was at the bottom so that had to be ruled out. I still plan to do this with my 10 gallon. I want to fill it full of anubius with only the roots covered in water but I got it all set up and my stupid light broke. grrrr