PDA

View Full Version : Tank Room PIX!

Tooch
01-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Here's some pix of the work that has been going on re-doing our gameroom! We decided to go with a darker metallic color to bring out the tanks, and a light trim to break up the color. First couple are before pictures....

Tooch
01-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Oh wait... All the pictures are too big... lemme work on it, and I'll get them up!

Tooch
01-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Here we go! The pic you see of the goo coming out is a crack we found in the wall, a big crack. The kind that has a huge draft coming out of it. Cara called the landlord, and he came and shoved little pieces of foam in it and told her to go to the hardware store and cement it up. Well, we're not paying a ton of money to fix up his house, so I got some expanding insulation foam and spackled over it. I don't have any pix yet of the finished wall, but here's thus far.

Tooch
01-24-2008, 02:04 PM
This is me filling the 75gal Piranha tank. The 2nd is the complete (for now) Piranha tank. We want to get some more plants in there, but that'll have to wait. And the last pic is the tank the Piranha came from. Cara wanted to make a beach scene, so this is her work. She picked the decorations and drift wood, and then told me where she wanted to so I had to get MY arm wet... It's a little cloudy from stirring up the sand, sorry! I'll get better ones soon!

sailor
01-24-2008, 02:58 PM
You have been very busy. Looks great and keep up with the pics.

Tooch
01-24-2008, 03:02 PM
You have been very busy. Looks great and keep up with the pics.

Thanks! It's been a ton of work with all the projects we've been taking on, from cleaning/sanding/staining the new tank, to completly redoing our game room and turning it into a tank room. The paint for the room just needs a little bit more, such as painted where I insulated/spackled the crack in the wall, and around the light fixture when we can get to the middle of the room. Once we get the big tank down, we will still need to move the tv and stuff down. We also are installing GFI outlets in the tank room. I figured that would be the safest way to go with all the water that will be around. Also, we are putting a laundry tub/faucets in the laundry room. This will make doing water changes a breeze. I haven't had 10 minutes to sit down and play some Assissians Creed or Forza II in like 3 weeks!

Demi ^_^
01-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Wow, terrific job! :11: