PDA

View Full Version : What On Earth Did I Buy

shalafi04
01-21-2008, 11:52 PM
what are these plants.... i have no idea what i bought and cant reasearch if they were the right choices now that i have them (bad planning!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/mistyart/101_4367.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/mistyart/101_4368.jpg

Dave66
01-22-2008, 12:38 AM
The first is a sword plant, Echinodorus quadracostatus. The second is Acorus gramineus (Japanese Rush), and it isn't an aquatic plant, though it does like its feet wet or at least damp.

Dave

shalafi04
01-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Dave.... my hero! lol
Now what I'm confused about is why the heck they had it under water at the petstore and sold it as such..... idiots and PetDumb... err... petsmart. They'll never live up to that name!

Dave66
01-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Dave.... my hero! lol
Now what I'm confused about is why the heck they had it under water at the petstore and sold it as such..... idiots and PetDumb... err... petsmart. They'll never live up to that name!

They get their plants from a independent wholesaler, so they probably didn't know. The rush will live underwater for several months, and its just one of several kinds of terrestrial plants sold as aquatic plants.

Dave

shalafi04
01-22-2008, 12:47 AM
lol awesome. at least I have "several months" to find something to take its place...
thanks again

Sasquatch
01-22-2008, 02:06 AM
Did the people at "Petsmart" also tell you that goldfish are herbivore?

Don't bet on your plant lasting "several months". Plastic plants are the best choice with goldfish.

shalafi04
01-22-2008, 02:21 AM
Did the people at "Petsmart" also tell you that goldfish are herbivore?

Don't bet on your plant lasting "several months". Plastic plants are the best choice with goldfish.

hahahah yea i learned that the hard way too... actually as i type I'm watching wee knaw at my plant. He's about to go back in the 5gal if he keeps it up hahaha.... so funny

Arkie
01-22-2008, 04:28 AM
hahahah yea i learned that the hard way too... actually as i type I'm watching wee knaw at my plant. He's about to go back in the 5gal if he keeps it up hahaha.... so funny

wee??? the goldfish named wee. lol
my 5 yr old calls the shubunkins "spew fish" cause she thinks they look like someone spewed on them. :help: lol

zeon
01-24-2008, 04:54 AM
I would have had to ask the same question as you. lol But really I wanted to say, Nice pics! I keep telling myself I need to upgrade my camera. But I cant cause I spend all my money on my fish, dogs, cat, hubby, son...lol