PDA

View Full Version : Bully fish.

MagickFish
09-05-2006, 09:51 PM
I am babysitting an aquarium whit six fish, 3 pairs but they fight whit one another all the time, none seam to get hurt so i guess it is more bullying than fishing but they do have little rublems, both whit the other fish and whit other fish of the same race, is this normal and should I be worrid?

And now even as I write this and glanced over at the aquarium they are at it again, especialy the skirt tetras, they bully one another constantly, they seam bord as they have nearly no place to hide in the tank and the tank seam to big for six fish and the other for fish are sleeping. Ans now they are done whit one another and the bigger skirt tera is on his way up to bite one of the other sleeping fish in the tail. I am concerned over this behavior.

William
09-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Is this behaviour new or was it present before you started baby sitting the tank.

MagickFish
09-06-2006, 04:45 PM
I dont know. I am told the ones that own it dont care mutch and have not fed the fish enough, I can ask. Do you think I am doing somthing wrong?

William
09-07-2006, 05:18 AM
No. it seems strange that this behaviour would start when you started caring for the tank.

A oart of the problem is likely that he keeps schooling fish in pairs.

MagickFish
09-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Sorry aboute the late reply. I think you are right the fish seam to be paired of wrong and they dont go well tgether at all. The behavior have lessend a bit now they get enough food, but they still fight now ad then. Thank you for the advice.