PDA

View Full Version : Flourites??????

OscarFan
01-20-2008, 04:58 AM
I just read Eds thread about the new flourites. What exactly are flourites.

Dave66
01-20-2008, 05:54 AM
I just read Eds thread about the new flourites. What exactly are flourites.

Flourite is a fractated clay substrate for planted aquariums. Look here (http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=4870&Nty=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=All&pc=1&N=0&Ntt=florite&Np=1).

Dave

shalafi04
01-20-2008, 08:40 AM
i put flourite in my new tank.
its really super pretty, very natural looking, but does need a through washing before putting it in, because it is DIRTY! (they claim its prewashed but I dont think so!)
you can see it in my pics of my new tank :) its nice

country_boy454
01-20-2008, 09:08 AM
i put flourite in my new tank.
its really super pretty, very natural looking, but does need a through washing before putting it in, because it is DIRTY! (they claim its prewashed but I dont think so!)
you can see it in my pics of my new tank :) its nice

You shouldn't wash flourite. When you wash the flourite you wash all the nutrients out of it!

CAX474
01-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Yes!!! you need to put it in and let the water settle so the sediment (nutrients) settle on the bottom of the tank. Do NOT wash it or its no good you might as well just have standard gravel if you do.

shalafi04
01-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Yes!!! you need to put it in and let the water settle so the sediment (nutrients) settle on the bottom of the tank. Do NOT wash it or its no good you might as well just have standard gravel if you do.

thats strange because on the packaging it says you can rinse the substrate if you want. :? i dont see why they would put that than... bullies.