PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Black Moor with Popeye

Juannie
01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
HELP, I've come home and it looks like my black moor has smacked his eye on something. He now has what looks like a bubble under and below his eye almost by his mouth - kinda weird. I've also noticed that he seems to be getting cloudiness in his eye now which is horrible.

I've added Melafix into the tank, we have a problem with excessive temps at the moment because I'm at work all day, it's steaming hot in our house as it's storm season so I can't cool the tank off till late arvo. I don't have a spare tank is it ok to put tetracycline in the tank with the other fish to help with this problem, I've had him for four+ years and he's so big - any help would be appreciated.

shalafi04
01-17-2008, 04:49 PM
i dont know what to tell you but i'm bumping your post in hopes that someone will have an answer for you. *hugs*

Darkstar824
01-17-2008, 08:56 PM
poor fishy. i don;t own any goldfish but i do know that they are cool water fish they don;t like high temps. but then again this has nothing to do with your situation, here. there is a goldfish website (i have to look it up first as i don;t remember the name off hand) that may help answer your questions, it seems to be a good site on goldfish. good luck with your fish, hope he feels better!:thumb:

Darkstar824
01-17-2008, 09:04 PM
here is the website-

http://www.goldfishconnection.com

here is some info that i thought looked to be of use

http://www.goldfishconnection.com/articles/details.php?articleId=152&parentId=12

hope this helps!

Halelorf
01-18-2008, 05:35 AM
I haven't had any with pop eye before and haven't kept anything like a moor or bubble eye in many years. What you put in their tank has to be chosen very carefully. Any sharp objects need to be avoided or this happens. It SHOULD heal on it's own but beyond that I don't know what to tell you sorry :confused:. I would just keep an eye on it and make sure it's comfortable.

cocoa_pleco
01-18-2008, 06:22 AM
add aquarium salt and keep the water clean and you'll be fine

Juannie
02-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks everyone. It had settled down but we had a heat spike earlier this week and its flared up again. The water is pretty clean, I've added salts and melafix. It's the weirdest popeye though, her eye is fine but it's like there's a tear drop underneath weirdest thing I've ever seen. I've got metro tabs to add if necessary, I've had this black moor for 5 years and don't want to loose her.