PDA

View Full Version : Found rocks in aquarium?

Slow Cheetah
09-03-2006, 01:44 AM
I recently bought a 12 litre tank to hold my agressive male betta and my newly bought female betta. the thing is it only has one little plant in it and i was wondering if i could put in rocks i found on the riverside and beach? I think i heard somewhere that you bleach them but i don't know how to do it. Could someone give a step by step way of making sure the rocks won't hurt my bettas? I tried to put up an image of the rocks but i didn't know how. If you would like one to make sure you are telling me the right thing just post how to put up and image (i use kodak easyshare if you need to know that)

thx Newbiedude2

:D

Full3R
09-03-2006, 04:36 AM
do NOT bleach the rocks as the chemicals may stay on the rock and possibly poison and kill your fish, the best idea is to boil the rocks in boiling hot water and then repeat this again but leave the rocks boiling for atleast 10 - 20 mins

Severus
09-03-2006, 05:08 AM
I wouldnt necessarily leave a male and female betta together permanatly

Slow Cheetah
09-03-2006, 08:00 AM
ok i will do that to the rocks. Also what would happen if I left the male and female together permanatly? And would someone e able to telll me how to post pictures because i need to show you guys a picture of something that i got with my 12 litre tank and i don't know what it is because it is all written in asian writing.

thx Newbiedude

gwenkat
09-03-2006, 02:39 PM
If you leave your male and female betta together they could fight and hurt/kill each other. Especially if your male is aggressive.

I would wait for William or one of the other more experienced members to tell you how to post a picture. I have done it, but it was trial and error and my husband had to help in the end.

Full3R
09-03-2006, 02:42 PM
you can send the picture to William and ask him in the email to post the picture in this thread and he will do so as soon as he can

William
09-03-2006, 07:08 PM
yes. I would. email:admin@aquaticcommunity.com

Slow Cheetah
09-04-2006, 06:25 AM
ok i will email soon but to busy right now. Also my male betta if more frightened of my female, (he was only ever aggressive to my male guppys) and swims away from her alot when she chases him.

thx :D