PDA

View Full Version : Planting the plants

Full3R
09-02-2006, 06:27 AM
I rarley have success with live plants but i need to set up plants for my gouramis and silver dollars, so, can anyone help with ways to anchor the plants and help them grow???

BettyBoop
09-03-2006, 10:28 AM
I have just dug a small hole in the gravel stuck in the plant and covered it over I had some come loose but have got them on bottom now and seem to be growing, this is the first time I have managed to get plants to grow in the aquarium, if you have silver dollars I would suggest staying away from amozan swords as they tend to strip these, there is a very good plant section in the free ebook on this site, which gives all sorts of advice, check it out, good luck,
Brian.

Full3R
09-03-2006, 10:34 AM
owell with the silver dollars eating the amazon swords i wouldnt be to worried id just replace them its just i have troubles with platnins them and i dont really prefer to use plastic plants

NorthernBoy
09-04-2006, 01:26 AM
Fuller I like to use a base of aragonite(substrate not the pure mineral) of about a 1/2 inch. Then top that off with your normal gravel. Be careful though as this will effect your pH.