PDA

View Full Version : How to keep a floater in place?

muffin
01-15-2008, 01:36 AM
I finally found some Amazon Frogbit at one of the LFS. I thought I would be able to keep it on the opposite side of the tank from my HOB filter. The water over there is very calm so I gave it a try. No luck, within a couple minutes the plants were all floating towards the filter.

I took one the the side brackets from my 10 gallon tan divider and tied it to my hood so that it breaks up the surface of my water. For right now it is working, but I know when I have to do my water change in a couple days I will have round them back up and move them back to the other side of the tank.

I would cut some plastic mesh and lower my barrier 3 inches or so to keep them in place when I do water changes. The other think I can think of is find something that will float that I can somehow attach to the sides of the tank with will go down with the level of the water. Like a piece of styrofoam, take a wedge out of each end and attach some type of bracket to each side. Not sure if that make sense. I may try to draw something up and attach it.

How do you guys do it? I am looking for any and all ideas.

:4:

muffin
01-15-2008, 02:00 AM
Here is a diagram of what I am thinking..