PDA

View Full Version : Sick Bristlenose!

bubble
01-14-2008, 01:50 AM
My new albino bristlenose girl seems to have acquired some red spots along the right side of her tail. You can sort of see them through the other side as well, because she is sort of transparent.

I thought the spots may be because she injured herself trying to swim between the glass and a log decoration, an activity she seemed to really enjoy, but I am not sure. I moved the log away from the glass now.

Overall she seems frisky, swimming around even more than before. I think she finally got used to her new home. But the movements of her tail seem a bit jerky sometimes.

So far it's just the bristlenose and an apple snail in a 5/5.5 gallon tank, and they never had any issues with each other. The snail did manage to eat most of the sinking pellets intended for the catfish, but she did get to nibble on them first. The catfish also nibbles on some plants, and swims about collecting algae off the glass and the decorations. I was going to feed her some frozen vegetables as well, but now I am not sure if I should if she's sick.

Any advice would be very muich appreciated.

blu
01-14-2008, 03:35 AM
Would it be possible for you to post a pic that could be helpful?

cocoa_pleco
01-14-2008, 05:41 AM
sorry, just want to get correct info, is the pleco permanetly in the 5g?