PDA

View Full Version : Hated to do it...had to harvest plants...

Rue
01-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Man! That was hard! I had to throw out most of the plant formerly known as Elodea and a good sized handful of java fern...it had taken over so much of the 25g that the fish were running out of room...

I put some Elodea in the 25l...the java fern is growing very well in there...and I put some of each down in the empy 10g...dunno why...to give away I suppose!

Now I'm off to harvest algae in the saltwater tank...there is no end! :hmm3grin2orange:

kkevvy
01-13-2008, 06:10 PM
I woulda taken the elodea! haha.

In your experience, how long does it take Java moss to establish and grow?

smaug
01-13-2008, 06:11 PM
I did the same thing last friday.I got rid of my hygro corymbosa.It grew ok but I got tired of it shedding a handfull of leaves everyday.

OscarFan
01-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Im going to start live plants soon. Cant wait to have those problems. Even though I wont be saying that later on.

Rue
01-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh, I'd say about 2 weeks...if not sooner...

I wasn't paying that close attention, but I know I saw new leaves taken hold...nice healthy green in colour within the first 2 weeks I had it...

Yeah, the elodea was gorgeous...even put some in the goldfish tank...it's very cold in there right now...about 60F...so we'll see if the plant survives the temperature and if the goldies eat it...

kkevvy
01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
I took some Vals from my lakehouse and put them in my old aquarium. Of course, the crayfish had there way and ruined that plan...

Anyways, I got some about a week ago, and Its starting to root itself in the wood. But it looks like thats normal, so thanks a bunch!