PDA

View Full Version : Ramirezi

Fishalicious
01-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Was bored so picked up the camera and had one very willing model - pinky the female Ram ... I had just put her back with her hubby The Brain in the big tank again (from the breeder tank) where the little ones are now growing out...

So back in the big tank and look who's on full brood coloring again <tsk> I swear this couple are going to breed all my tanks full. I won't be suprised if she has eggs again tomorrow or the day after looking at her colors and it is not as if he is going to say no - what man does LOL

Pinky in full brood color:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Cutsie1/IMG_9274.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Cutsie1/IMG_9263.jpg

The Brain is a little more shy with the camera and looking at this pic I have just noticed what a BIG boy he is!!! Might have to cut his rations down a little <grins>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Cutsie1/IMG_9253.jpg

Managed to get a nice shot of Damian as well - he is not fully grown yet like his dad was so his 'Mick Jagger' lips are not yet fully developed but his color in real life is amazing - he is such a vibrant orange you can spot him in the tank a mile off.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Cutsie1/IMG_9290.jpg

Managed to get lot's of other pics of other inhabitants of some of the tanks but seeing this is the dwarf cichlid section I will put the rest in the gallery

I see more and more people on here also keeping Rams - I sure wish you all lived nearer here at the rate my two are breeding they would be going for free to good homes ...

Just thought I'd share some piccies cause I love my mad crazy Rams xxx

Dave66
01-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Lovely fish, and nice shots, fishie! So nice to see the little guys in such health, especially the Apisto.
See you've found when the little guys start breeding, they don't stop.

Dave

Incredulous_Ed
01-13-2008, 01:14 AM
Very very beautiful! Makes me jealous because my bolivians are like "let's do the opposite of breeding and not pair up" lol

How long have you had the rams?

shalafi04
01-13-2008, 01:20 AM
they are beautiful. I cant wait to have my own soon :) yay

Fishalicious
01-13-2008, 02:05 AM
Thanks guys - yeah my fish are beyond spoiled :41: This couple of Rams are now around 2 and a half years old.... the downside of dwarfs... their shorter lifespan <sniff, sniff>

Have always had dwarfs ... at the moment I have 4 couples of different Apisto's and the Rams :malelovies:

digital3
01-13-2008, 02:34 AM
Very nice pics Jess. I'm always jealous of your Dwarf Cichlids. So far my Bolivians have been doing well also.

kkevvy
01-13-2008, 04:52 AM
Wow, friggen gorgeous! Love the pics!

And the names are awesome too... hahaha.

OscarFan
01-13-2008, 05:10 AM
I love those fish. They have some nice colors.

NickFish
01-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Great pics very nice fish! Their colors are amazing.
I'm jealous!:c2:

SkarloeysMom
01-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Pinky and the Brain are such a lovely couple! I hope I can find a couple as pretty as them but maybe not quite so prolific.

Fishalicious
01-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Hahaha thanks... believe me... if yours ever start there is no stoppng them!!! Just feed them a proper diet and they will color up just as much :1luvu: Your a fab fishkeeper I am sure it won't be any problem .. they are gonna be really happy with you ;)

fishfanatic33
01-14-2008, 01:32 AM
I love your fish,Jess. As soon as I get aother tank(which may be soon) I'm going to get some ramirezi and some bolivians.
I wish I lived near you so I could take you up on your offer of free fish;over here(US)they cost like $20.

KcEE
01-15-2008, 05:38 AM
VERY VERY nice shots Jess!!! Very nice couple you have there. Pinky and The Brain. They might be trying to take over the world with their fry. LOL!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

kkevvy
01-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Hey Fishalicious, I have a question.

My male ram gets really close to my female ram, and almost touches her side, then she seems to lean over on her side and swim at an angle in the water. Is this a sign of anything, or are they just weird?

Fishalicious
01-15-2008, 10:35 PM
From what you are describing - Woooohooooo :19: She is letting him know she is in the mood for loooooooooooooove and is swimming that way to try and get him to follow her to a quiet spot :malelovies: :malelovies: Now you just need him to realize this as well and you may be looking at eggs soon xxx