PDA

View Full Version : Goldfish problem

YaYgoldFish
01-12-2008, 10:09 PM
One of my smaller goldfish was 'doing his business' but I noticed some was coming out red? Really bloody, red. Anyone know whats going on?

Dave66
01-12-2008, 10:27 PM
One of my smaller goldfish was 'doing his business' but I noticed some was coming out red? Really bloody, red. Anyone know whats going on?

What are you feeding them, Ya? Could just be the food coloring. I assume all the tank parameters are perfect. Long as the fish is eating and acting like a goldfish I wouldn't worry that much about the poo.

Dave

golopus
01-12-2008, 11:50 PM
i agree. if your feeding flake, depending on the brand, it could be the coloring. goldfish are pretty tough. good luck.

YaYgoldFish
01-13-2008, 12:29 AM
No, their really small round pellets, that float..When their swimming in the water, they tend to open and close their mouths, like their talking to each other, they do it ALOT.

And when I come home ( had to leave for 2 hours) I found it floating and when I looked closer, their were smal aire bubbles in it, could they possibly have just gotten too much air into their system?

Thanks for the responses.

Dave66
01-13-2008, 12:35 AM
No, their really small round pellets, that float..When their swimming in the water, they tend to open and close their mouths, like their talking to each other, they do it ALOT.

And when I come home ( had to leave for 2 hours) I found it floating and when I looked closer, their were smal aire bubbles in it, could they possibly have just gotten too much air into their system?

Thanks for the responses.

It's possible they got some air in their intestines, but they have no problem voiding it. Again, if he's eating right and acting normal, is most likely nothing.

Dave

YaYgoldFish
01-13-2008, 12:44 AM
Alright thanks Dave.

Ps. - Have you gotten my private message I sent to you?

Dave66
01-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Alright thanks Dave.

Ps. - Have you gotten my private message I sent to you?

Yep, just replied. Got a bunch back today from my tetra thing editors plus several other pms and your's got buried. Sorry about that. Went from 32 PMs to 72 today.

Dave

YaYgoldFish
01-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Woah, didn't realise you were THAT wanted!

Dave66
01-13-2008, 01:39 AM
Woah, didn't realise you were THAT wanted!

I'm not, I usually get a couple a day, but with the editing stuff and general questions, got a record bunch today.

Dave