PDA

View Full Version : Selling Platty Fry

octony
08-30-2006, 04:09 AM
I had a few batches of platty fry and kept them, but now I need to sel them as I am getting aout 30 a week.

Wondering what size pet stores will buy them at. ( Was guessing an inch like mollies but just making sure.)

stubbytheplecostomus
08-30-2006, 04:42 AM
my local aquarium only stores will give me 1/3 of the selling price for them, ussually these are mom and pap stores that specialize only in fish. also try your local aquarium club, ussually they have auctions, how far away are you from minneapolis? here we have one of the largest aquarium clubs in the nation.

stubbytheplecostomus
08-30-2006, 04:48 AM
ooops i didn't answer your question! 1/2 to 3/4 the full grown size they like, but always depending on the species (they can sell little plecos but don't want to raise little mollies to they're selling size) if that makes sense. a good judge would be to look at the simular species they have and their size. what were the sizes of your platties when you bought them?

octony
08-30-2006, 03:12 PM
They were about an inch when I got them and they are abotut 1 - 1/2 now. I live about 20 min out of Milwaukee, so Minneapolis is a long haul for me.