PDA

View Full Version : What plants grow on driftwood?

PUNISHER VETTE
01-08-2008, 04:46 AM
I know about the Java fern/ java moss but i'm looking for something different.

I want something that will hug the wood and not shade anything around it.

I've been looking at plants on aquariumplants.com but their shipping is pretty steep. Is there a favorite site some of you guys use for buying plants online?

zeon
01-08-2008, 06:16 AM
I am sorry but I only know of Java Fern and Java Moss. Some of the other plant gurus here can help. But do not forget that Google ( Rhizome Plants or Rhizome ) is your friend. thumbs2:

CAX474
01-08-2008, 06:25 AM
so I gess you are looking for something like a moss that gowes on trees and hugs close to the wood just for efect and color.

Dave66
01-08-2008, 06:54 AM
I know about the Java fern/ java moss but i'm looking for something different.

I want something that will hug the wood and not shade anything around it.

I've been looking at plants on aquariumplants.com but their shipping is pretty steep. Is there a favorite site some of you guys use for buying plants online?

Fontinalis antipyretica aka Willow Moss would fit the bill as a wood hugger. There are others, like glossostigma that would work, but you have to have very high light and Co2 injection to keep them.
The shipping cost is for express mail. To offset the cost, order a bunch of plants, as you can get them a good deal cheaper online, especially if you order one of their tailored packages for different sized tanks.
My favorite site for plants is floridadriftwood.com. I've also bought a lot of driftwood there, as Dwight has a what-you-see-is-what-you-get section.

Dave

Harls
01-08-2008, 02:07 PM
U Can buy them from a LFS