PDA

View Full Version : New Redbellies

Noel
08-26-2006, 03:46 PM
bought six red-belly piranhas about three weeks ago - feeding mainly tropical flake food and bloodworms - growing well and seem fine - I added some algae eaters this morning and I still have some feeder fish (mistake I know) question being my piranhas seem very uninterested in the feeder fish or the algae eater for a meal - is this normal? should I dip the feeder fish out and just flush them, kind of concerned with their lack of aggressiveness towards these fish - got my water at about 78 degrees and they are very active but show no interest in the live fish

William
08-26-2006, 04:14 PM
I don't think you have to be worried. If they aren't used to live food from the store or the breeder they might not see the feeders as food. Fish are also less aggressive if they are well feed.

decgoth
10-14-2006, 01:18 AM
how big are you RBPs? When I first bought mine a little over a year ago they were maybe an inch or so big. I fed them flake food and bloodworms until they were about 3in then started them out with Roseys. My baby is now 5 inches and taking down 2 dozen feeders a week

Adrienne