PDA

View Full Version : What would be the easiest??

squirt_12
01-05-2008, 10:30 PM
since i only have 1 puffer in the whole 10g....and the puffer is about 1 1/2 inch big (tiny) i thought that i could divide it up inhalf and breed somethng in the other half.

i want to breed an egg layer.

i have:
2 cherry barbs (1 male 1 female obviously..lol)
10 glowlight (unknown male or female....got alot of fat ones. lol.)

thats all that lay eggs and that is possible to breed. Could i possibly breed any of them on the 5g space??? also i would have quite a few plants in there and would i need to have the bottom clear...like just glass??? i can get some mesh stuff for the eggs to fall through aswell.

suggestions????

thanks.

EDIT - i am also asking this because if i do change to SW it wont be for atleast another 6 months. So i would have time to raise the fry.

squirt_12
01-05-2008, 11:57 PM
i am starting to think that the cherry barbs would be the easiest as you should use peat in the filter when going to breed glowlights. So i think that i am going to breed the cherry barbs after doing alot of info.

Should i put the females in the 5 gallon tank and then feed her well as i feed the male well in the other tank??? all of the research that i have been doing in the last 30-60 minutes says that they will spawn better after not seeing each other for a little while....so i think that i will do that then.

suggestions???

Tolley
01-06-2008, 12:31 AM
yeh i'd condition 2 or 3 females for a while until there nice and fat then let the male join them.

I might breed mine someday, but i have 2m:1f. I'm sure the female accepts them though as i sometimes see her wrapping round one of them.

squirt_12
01-06-2008, 12:33 AM
the thing is that i only have the 2...1 male and 1 female...do you think that it would be ok to breed them even though it is only a pair????

i can get more if i have to.

Tolley
01-06-2008, 12:36 AM
You could try it with one. If not another female would probably benefit from each other.

squirt_12
01-06-2008, 12:38 AM
ok....i have seen my female lay eggs before so i think that she is...maybe i should get another female...

Tolley
01-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Its up to you really. Your female must be happy to lay eggs but you could also get another nice female form your lfs.

squirt_12
01-06-2008, 01:12 AM
ok...so i think that i will try it the way it is and if they don't spawn then i will get some more males and females (more females then males).

Tolley
01-06-2008, 01:13 AM
ok cool! Tell me how it all goes !

squirt_12
01-06-2008, 01:15 AM
ok cool! Tell me how it all goes !
i will for sure....probably wont be for another week or 2 as i have to condition them. i am hoping for some good results. lol.

EDIT - THANKS SO MUCH for all of your help!!!!!!!!

squirt_12
01-06-2008, 03:24 AM
i am thinking that i wont do this...i just have too much on my hands right now to be breeding fish. lol. i am going to hold off for a while and wait. thanks for all of the help though Tolley :thumb: