PDA

View Full Version : Turqouise Severum

Redfighter
04-15-2005, 09:11 AM
I have a pair of these fish. I have been told by other cichlid enthusiasts in the USA and the UK that these particular severum are rare. I ahve seen them no where else but where I got them from, I was wondering does anyone else have any?

William
04-15-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi
I don't have any experience with this species but thought i should say that they are south americans and not malawi cichlids. And they have totally different requirements then malawi cichlids.

rambos
07-15-2006, 10:38 PM
depending on your tank size your severums might need a bigger tank, they can grow up to 8"

snypt
08-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Hi Redfighter,
I belive the fish your are describing are Heros Appendiculatus If these are the same fish as http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/5491/heros.html. Then My parents used to keep and breed these fish in Australia. We have only one of these fish left as the male from the second breeding pair we had died a few months ago. There is heaps of information on the net about keeping the Heros severus (Green Severum) and the conditions for one will suit the other according to the internet. It is good to see people still have some of these fish as i really like them.

Brendan