PDA

View Full Version : True Or False

Harls
01-05-2008, 02:10 PM
If i've got a botam dweller who lays on the bottam of the tank everynow and again is it true that a snail can crawl over t and suffocate it ?????

Fishalicious
01-05-2008, 02:52 PM
I've never heard of it or come across it... a bottom dweller (not sure which one you mean) can just shake that snail off.

Harls
01-06-2008, 12:45 AM
well any fish that likes to have a rest along the bottom and also if you have a sick fish thats lying on the bottom. i got told this by the LFS

Tolley
01-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Even a dead fish would move as soon as a slow snail touches it..

But the snail wouldn't have the intention to if thats what you mean.

Fishalicious
01-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Unless your LFS has actually seen it I think he is telling porkies ... the only way I can see it is if a fish died and the owner saw the dead fish with a snail on it and made presumptions (fish was already dead before the snail climbed on)

I have yet to even see a snail go near a fish in a tank...

Wonder what other peeps here think...

Tolley
01-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Haha yeh Jess i can imagine sum1 working in a fish store being asked y a fish is dead... " It was the snail!!!! .....Nothing to do with out dirty disease ridden tanks"

Fishalicious
01-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Haha yeh Jess i can imagine sum1 working in a fish store being asked y a fish is dead... " It was the snail!!!! .....Nothing to do with out dirty disease ridden tanks"

HAHAHAHAHA Now that is my kinda humour :hmm3grin2orange:

Tolley
01-06-2008, 01:00 AM
I know, thers an lfs near me who would say something like that to avoid the truth!

Harls
01-06-2008, 01:07 AM
I think he justt wanted me to get a bristlenose. but they have served me good

country_boy454
01-06-2008, 06:58 AM
The only time I have noticed a snail on a fish was when the fish was dead. One of the lfs around here had a bad tank where most of the fish were dead, dieing, or about to die. The snails were having a munch-a-thon on the dead bodies. Needless to say that lfs has been out of business for 5 yrs or so now...... I swear I didn't complain about their tanks that often..... Ok only everytime I went in their. It was disgusting. The tank sides were covered in green algea and there was some really nasty looking stuff floating in the tanks. Oh and they even tried to sell native fish without a permit to do so. They had a 125 gallon full of walleye, bass, sunfish, perch, northern. The few times I ever went in there I had to leave because I would get so angry with them. They were out trying to make a buck on anything they could. They tried to sell prarie dogs one time.