PDA

View Full Version : Worried

zeon
01-05-2008, 04:01 AM
Everything was going great with my preggo ghosties. I ended up with two. Anyway yesterday one of the preggos moulted and I guess her eggs went with the exoskeleton Cause she died. I was upset and still am...Then this evening I find a teeny teeny tiny shrimplet floating around the water. He was getting banged up against the plants and the bottom and rocks cause of the current. So I took him out and he is still alive but not 'swimming' right. Does it just take a few days for them to become free swimmers? cause it looks like he still has part of the egg sac I guess attached to him. I thought the mothers held onto them for a few days after they hatched until they could swim properly. Am I a sucker or what. I just can not help but worry for the little guy and want him to do well. Any help here would be so appreciated. :confused:

karbomb
01-21-2008, 01:21 AM
i have read they need special food, it is almost impossible to keep baby ghost shrimp alive in an aquarium (they cannot find small enough food for em). :( they need ponds