PDA

View Full Version : I'm stumped... HELP

Setsuna
08-23-2006, 02:03 PM
My fighter Giovvani (the one with the bubble fetish) has been acting odd for the last three days.

On Monday I came home from work to find him on top of the filter. The filter had slid up the tank and he was sitting in less than 1cm of water. I slid the filter back down and he swam off like nothing was out of the ordinary. I left for work at 3pm and everything was cool, and I have no idea how long he was out of water for as I didnt get home till 8pm.

Yesterday he spent most of the day sitting on top of the filter. Only comming off to feed.

Today he has been sitting on the filter (the water level is about 3cms so he can get to the surface just by raising his head). But now his fins are all clamped up. None of my other fish seem to be sick, and tomorrow my councils cutting off the power in my street from 8am till 3pm.

He has no other symptoms, and for the past hour he has been sitting with his mouth above the water surface

Does anyone know whats wrong with him?

DemonShark
08-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Bettas are a labyrinth fish so hes taking in air..........what is the Ph and amonia lvls? he might be streesed

Setsuna
08-23-2006, 11:25 PM
I tested the water on Tuesday. Amonia is nonexistant and the pH is 7 (neutral). I have no idea why he would be stressed. Nothing has been changed decoration wise

DemonShark
08-24-2006, 10:38 AM
He might be building a bubble nest but I cant really tell.....You just might have an oddball fish and hes playing it full........Did ya look him over for deasese or other things like that... a tattered tail?

William
08-24-2006, 04:25 PM
He might be stressed from the earlier ordeal. Do you see any signs of fungus that migth cause the clamped fins.

Setsuna
08-25-2006, 05:22 AM
No, he has no signs of fungus or anything. I've seperated him, and he hasnt eaten in three days. He's been sitting at the surface and occasionally it looks like he's convulsing. My fish-savvy sister inlaw thinks I should put him out of his misery.

Setsuna
08-25-2006, 07:05 AM
Thanks for your help guys. I just went to check on him and he's passed on to the big fishtank in the sky. I didnt have the guts to dissect him, but I checked over his body again. I still couldnt see anything wrong.

Thanks again for your help guys.

DemonShark
08-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Might have been a gas bubble in his insides it happened to my male guppy like that

kimmers318
08-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Sorry for your loss.