PDA

View Full Version : i have a really pregnant molly....

Collin1104
01-03-2008, 09:45 PM
that is taking forever.
i have three creamsicle lyretail mollys in a ten gallon.. 1 male and 2 females. how long does it take for molly's to give birth once their pregnant cus it feels like its taking ages! i bought a 2 way breeder and put her in there but shes looked like shes been about to explode for two weeks now! also i have another one that looked pregnant but now its coloring is becoming very dark on top and its gotten thinner. =l thanks for reading and for any help on the matter.

kkevvy
01-04-2008, 11:45 PM
It can take awhile. I had a platy that was pregnant for about 2 visible months... the last two weeks she was huge! Just give it some time, and try not to stress her... next thing you'll have 15 baby molly's swimming around.

Tolley
01-04-2008, 11:48 PM
How long has she been in the two way breeder? I thought they really small.

Collin1104
01-05-2008, 03:16 AM
shes been in there about three days now. thats why i was worried how long it would take because the box said to put her in a few days before she gives birth. i dont want to take her out, then give birth and have all the fry eaten.

Sasquatch
01-05-2008, 03:27 PM
If she's not too crowded, she should be fine for a while. Just feed her with high protein food and keep an eye on her.

As for gestation, I don't really know for mollies. How long has it been since you noticed she was pregnant? What is you water temperature?

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Tolley
01-05-2008, 03:32 PM
I'd let her free, The stress can cause her to abort her pregnancy, with only 3 fish in 10g tank theres gonna be a high survival rate until you catch them all and put the in the breeder. Just keep all your fish well fed so they won't bother eating any.

Collin1104
01-09-2008, 04:32 AM
ok thanks for all your help everyone. i took her out for a couple days and she did fine but now shes looking even more pregnant so i put her back in the breeder.. plus the male was nipping at her belly constantly. its still taking forever though or maybe im just being very impatient.