PDA

View Full Version : Angels just laid batch of eggs - need info?

DizzeeD
08-22-2006, 04:21 AM
:D Hi..New to the forum. Yesterday I just had a pair of my angels spawn. While spawning, I hurried & put in a tank divider, so the other angels in the tank would leave them be. I am going to allow the parents to raise the fry, but was wondering if that is a good idea? Would it be better to leave the divider in place (rock with the eggs side) & put the parents back in the other side of tank with the other angels again once the fry hatch? I am kind of new at the angel breeding thing. Have a couple of firemouths that keep having babies & other cichlid tanks ( 4 total)... I know ?... but once you get the "craz"...can't stop :wink: . Anyway...this is first time for my angels. So far they seem to be great parents. Any suggestions? Thanks folks!!!
Diane Z. ( Dizzee)

Fishguy2727
08-22-2006, 02:17 PM
get the book by TFH, keeping and breeding angelfish. it is hardbound and has a drawn cover picture. it is good and if you are going to be getting into the world of breeding angels, this book needs to be on your shelf. you should find everything you need in that book.

DemonShark
08-22-2006, 02:41 PM
They might eat there eggs and fry

Fishguy2727
08-22-2006, 03:26 PM
if they werent parent raised themselves they wont know what to do, it is learned not instinctive.

William
08-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Exactly and it might take them a few spawnings before they do learn. (some never do)

86vwgti8v
11-27-2006, 02:25 AM
I am finding it is rather hard to hatch and raise the fry. something always goes wrong for me. I had about 30 eggs hatch the one time but they all got out the breeding cage and there brothers ate them.
I have had eggs about 15 times and only 4 fish to show from them.

Lady Hobbs
11-27-2006, 03:36 AM
I've read the parents may eat the eggs several times the first few spawnings but then finally figure it out.