PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

redviper748
04-08-2005, 12:47 AM
I have 4 oscars in my tank and the one started to hang out by himself then I saw that its scales are like falling off. He just sit on the bottome when I come near the tank and he doesn't really eat. What is this? How can I treat it? Thanks!

William
04-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Does it look like it could be bit marks after fight?

Do you have another aquarium you could but it in alone just in case?

could you post a picture of the fish?

redviper748
04-17-2005, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the help but the fish died. There was no bit marks or anything on him. But thanks again.

Anonymous
06-23-2005, 07:14 PM
I have 4 oscars in my tank and the one started to hang out by himself then I saw that its scales are like falling off. He just sit on the bottome when I come near the tank and he doesn't really eat. What is this? How can I treat it? Thanks!

Anonymous
06-23-2005, 07:18 PM
I have 4 oscars in my tank and the one started to hang out by himself then I saw that its scales are like falling off. He just sit on the bottome when I come near the tank and he doesn't really eat. What is this? How can I treat it? Thanks!.

Hello ! . you got 4 oscars !, now you have three, how big is your tank ?, these three need like 120 gallons , check the amonia levels, nitrite and nitrate levels, they should be zero , you have to have a filtration with filters able to pass the water of your tank around 8 times per hour, good luck !

Rage_A_Holic
01-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Id like to second that, except add that for 3 Adult Oscars Id aim around the 150-180Gal. range, and Id prefer to see a sump with at least 4x the Volume of the tank cycling per hour. Oscars get huge, they are messy fish, and need thier space. I would assume the one you had died from either, abuse, due to cramped conditions, or poor water quality do to... well... cramped conditions. please post tank size, and Ammonia, NitrIte, and NitrAte readings ASAP before something simalar happens to to one of the remaining 3.