PDA

View Full Version : Lonely Gourami?

Tigerbarb
01-01-2008, 02:25 AM
I have noticed that my Dwarf Gourami has been swimming around he top right corner of my aquarium in the back alone and often nudges fish away from itself when accompanied by another fish. (Well, not really swimming, but keeping itself afloat by staying active, moving it's fins and sometimes shifting positions.) Sometimes the Gourami will come to the middle of the tank and hang out with my Golden Gourami or to eat when fed. I am thinking of getting another Dwarf Gourami, but that may overstock my 10g aquarium. I have been feeding my fish about twice a day with Tetramin flake food, once with less food in the afternoon, and a bigger meal in the evening. What do you think I should do withh the Gourami? I have a 20g to move it into if it needs a bigger home.

mitcore
01-01-2008, 03:07 AM
it is not uncommon for gouramis to hang by themselves, mine do regularly and i also have a dwarf that sits up on the top floating, my theory on this is that if they are being loners thenit is much better then having them agressive, i wouldnt worry about it, it will be fine

Tigerbarb
01-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks. I will continue to watch the Gourami's behavior.