PDA

View Full Version : Pretty cool!

gm72
12-30-2007, 07:41 PM
So I am sitting here at the computer watching one of my corydoras lay her eggs. I am wondering to myself where in the world the rest of them? Only about 20 on the glass. Or maybe she's just starting to lay the eggs? Hmm, let me look around a bit...
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc294/gm72/IMG_1539.jpg

YaYgoldFish
12-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Congrats! How many corys do you have together?

Drumachine09
12-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Awesome! Its said that corys need to be in perfect conditions to breed, so it looks like you are doing a good job.

Dave66
12-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Did you happen to have a low pressure system move through your area just before they bred GM?

Dave

SkarloeysMom
12-30-2007, 08:19 PM
WOW! Congrats on the eggs! That is so amazing. How big are those eggs? They look big but I'm sure its just a CU.

gm72
12-30-2007, 08:39 PM
The eggs are small, maybe about 2mm in size.

I have 9 corys in this tank, all bronze except for one peppered.

Low pressure system--good question. I live near Bedford, PA. Looks like a low pressure system exited recently. Noticed her laying her eggs just today, so it makes sense that the low pressure system did induce spawning.

I have spawns in this tank about 3-4 times per year. This is the first time that I am taking care to have more than just a few survivors. Separating the eggs...OH MY GOSH! I literally just this second shifted my gaze to the tank (it is only about 2-3 feet to my right and I see a baby cory, about 1/2 inch long, grazing along the bottom. HOLY COW!

Tolley
12-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Thats so cool!!! thumbs2: thumbs2: Keep us updated!!!!!

Did you catch the fry or jus leave him?

Dave66
12-30-2007, 08:44 PM
The eggs are small, maybe about 2mm in size.

I have 9 corys in this tank, all bronze except for one peppered.

Low pressure system--good question. I live near Bedford, PA. Looks like a low pressure system exited recently. Noticed her laying her eggs just today, so it makes sense that the low pressure system did induce spawning.

I have spawns in this tank about 3-4 times per year. This is the first time that I am taking care to have more than just a few survivors. Separating the eggs...OH MY GOSH! I literally just this second shifted my gaze to the tank (it is only about 2-3 feet to my right and I see a baby cory, about 1/2 inch long, grazing along the bottom. HOLY COW!

Reason I asked about the low pressure is that and a partial water change with rainwater is a standard trigger getting Corydoras to breed.
Congrats on the babys. Always neat to get a spawn. The fry are easy to raise; powdered flake, cyclop stuff, BBS, frozen Daphnia; they'll take all they can. Space, cleanliness, warmth and bellies full all the time and you'll have a whole passel of little cories.

Dave

gm72
12-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Did you catch the fry or jus leave him?

Just going to leave him in there. This happened to me once before where I didn't even know they had laid eggs and all of a sudden, BOOM! Babies.

Dave, I do remember you talking about a low pressure system some time recently. Certainly may have something to do with it.

digital3
12-31-2007, 01:51 AM
Awesome stuff... Congrats on the fry GM! :19: