PDA

View Full Version : puffer down....

squirt_12
12-30-2007, 05:31 PM
about a month afo i had 3 dwarf puffers....lost one not knowing where it went and last night i found one stuck to the intake tube. So i have one hopeful left. I don't think that i am going to get anymore.....if this one dies i will just get something else.

"the"Trinity
12-30-2007, 06:16 PM
about a month afo i had 3 dwarf puffers....lost one not knowing where it went and last night i found one stuck to the intake tube. So i have one hopeful left. I don't think that i am going to get anymore.....if this one dies i will just get something else.

Sorry to hear that Squirt . . . Do you think it could've been from aggression from the lone puffer you have left?

Kaga's Kritters
12-30-2007, 07:55 PM
i had gotten 3 dwarf puffers before and they didnt last long either. they seem to die easily.

Drumachine09
12-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Were/are you providing them with plenty of snails to eat?

squirt_12
12-30-2007, 10:13 PM
yes...they always have about 12 snails in there to munch on.

"the" Trinity.....i don't understand what you mean???

Fishalicious
12-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Awwwwwwww Squirt sorry to hear that!!! I have had mine for about 2 years now and they are still 'puffing' away - so sorry for your loss they are such fab fish

squirt_12
12-30-2007, 11:49 PM
i have no idea how it died either. :confused:

"the"Trinity
12-31-2007, 03:24 AM
"the" Trinity.....i don't understand what you mean???

Sorry . . . probably poorly worded. I was just wondering if your one surviving puffer could've claimed the whole tank as his own and killed the other two.

squirt_12
12-31-2007, 03:26 AM
he couldn't have......maybe the first one.....but the second one was in perfect condition (other than the fact of it being dead). But he couldn't have been that aggressive because they were all put into the tank at the same time so you would have thought that they would have each claimed their own little spot and leave each other alone.....they didn't seem to be fighting or anything.

tropfish
12-31-2007, 03:34 AM
i tried them before. interesting little guys, but are way to high maintenance for me. the lfs hasn't has them in stock for months. i think alot die in the petstore, i don't think they supply snails.

cocoa_pleco
12-31-2007, 03:47 AM
ive had a few too, ive found them to be hardy. when i was a beginner i had a 33g with some huge spotted puffer, 2 dwarf puffers, a african butterfly fish, 2 fancy goldfish, 1 koi, 1 feeder comet, 6 cories, 1 upside down catfish, 3 angels, 4 plecos, 5 neon tetras, and a baby oscar. amazingly the puffers lived a few years in there. lol

tropfish
12-31-2007, 03:49 AM
i'm hoping this was early in the hobby?? lol that's OVERSTOCKED!

squirt_12
12-31-2007, 03:50 AM
WOW....that is alot to put in with puffers....and an OSCAR???? wow...i can't believe that everything lived....tropical and coldwater fish together....lol.

cocoa_pleco
12-31-2007, 03:59 AM
man, believe me, when i was a beginner i made the most mistakes you could name. my first tank was a 5.5g with 3 goldfish, 3 cory's, a pleco, a otto cat, a few snails, and a couple of danios. the only ones that made it were the cories. after that i just sold my 10 tanks (33g, 20g hex, and 8 10g's) and said screw it. now, im back, but smarter. lol (dont ask me about my nanoreef back then, i had a fullgrown condy anemone survive 2 months with 15w of incandescent lighting)

squirt_12
12-31-2007, 04:00 AM
WOW....thats alot of fish ina 5.5g....i guess you porobably thought it looked empty. Thats what i did with my 33g. to me it still looks empty. lol.

cocoa_pleco
12-31-2007, 04:09 AM
that tank was torture for the poor fish.

of course the LFS wasnt any help, a goldfish got fin rot, popeye, and septiciemia all at the same time and they said to treat the whole tank since medicine is "good" for the rest of the fish, the meds ending up killing my whole biological system.

and in the 33g i bought a 30 year old goldfish from someone, and they said that he would be fine at 75f, and he died 2 weeks later from swim bladder due to the heat

squirt_12
12-31-2007, 04:12 AM
that tank was torture for the poor fish.

of course the LFS wasnt any help, a goldfish got fin rot, popeye, and septiciemia all at the same time and they said to treat the whole tank since medicine is "good" for the rest of the fish, the meds ending up killing my whole biological system.

and in the 33g i bought a 30 year old goldfish from someone, and they said that he would be fine at 75f, and he died 2 weeks later from swim bladder due to the heat
WOW.....you have been through alot....