PDA

View Full Version : Peacock Fern

Ellen4God
12-30-2007, 01:22 AM
Has anybody heard of a Peacock Fern? I saw them at Petsmart tonight and thought about getting one, but I haven't been able to find any information on them.

Fishalicious
12-30-2007, 01:34 AM
No experience myself with this one - google it's scientific name SELAGINELLA WILDENOWII and you should be able to get info... it is not a true aquatic plant as I can find gardener info on it as well so would stay clear of it :thumb:

Ellen4God
12-30-2007, 02:03 AM
Thanks!! I need to figure out how to learn this stuff without asking ya'll all the time. lol

Fishalicious
12-30-2007, 02:05 AM
Hey if you don't ask then we have nothing to do and get bored - we love it really :19: :19:

Ellen4God
12-30-2007, 02:33 AM
Hey if you don't ask then we have nothing to do and get bored - we love it really :19: :19:

LOL Well, good! Because I'm definitely full of questions apparently.

Algenco
12-30-2007, 05:34 AM
LOL Well, good! Because I'm definitely full of questions apparently.

Please, don't be afraid to ask questions.
Here is a good place to research plants
http://www.plantgeek.net/plantguide.php

What types are you interested in? I have lots of plants and could put together a good pkg.

Ellen4God
12-30-2007, 05:40 AM
Please, don't be afraid to ask questions.
Here is a good place to research plants
http://www.plantgeek.net/plantguide.php

What types are you interested in? I have lots of plants and could put together a good pkg.

Wow! Thanks for the link!! :)

I'm really open to anything at this point. I have a 10g tank set up. I liked the Amazon Swords (the E. Parvaflorus strain). I also like java ferns. But, to be completely honest, I'm open to anything! lol I have a "Life-Glo 2" light on my tank. It's 6,700k, so anything that would fit with that would be great too.

And thanks for the help! I appreciate it a lot!

jbearsie26
03-29-2009, 06:45 PM
This plant is actually what led me to your sight... I also found this cute little plant at a petsmart and I bought it. Currently I have three of them in my aquarium they seem rather unhappy with their current situation I use aquarium fertilizer weekly and do frequent water changes and use special light bulbs for plants but these guys are loosing their color rapidly. Any suggestions?

Wiggs
03-29-2009, 06:50 PM
The Peacock fern is not a true aquarium plant, rather it can "tolerate" being submerged for a little while until it dies :(

gm72
03-29-2009, 07:52 PM
This plant is actually what led me to your sight... I also found this cute little plant at a petsmart and I bought it. Currently I have three of them in my aquarium they seem rather unhappy with their current situation I use aquarium fertilizer weekly and do frequent water changes and use special light bulbs for plants but these guys are loosing their color rapidly. Any suggestions?

Suggestions--The only thing you can do is remove it and put it in a pot. It isn't an aquatic plant as previously mentioned.

troy
03-29-2009, 09:29 PM
This thread is over a year old.

gm72
03-29-2009, 10:52 PM
This thread is over a year old.

...and there have been 3 posts of relevance over the last few days. Do you have anything to contribute?