PDA

View Full Version : Oscars

Thomas Smith
12-29-2007, 12:19 AM
I have three oscars approx 3-4 years old and 10 inches in length. Two are tiger oscars and one albino. The albino has been off the live worms for a couple of days and seems to have a bloated stomach. Can anyone offer any solutions. As there has been no indications to the contrary to date I have assumed they were all males.

Drumachine09
12-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Try feeding boiled peas for a while. It will help to clear him out.

You might also want to switch to a quality pellet food, such as hikari cichlid bio-gold, or New life spectrum.

How big is the tank, and what is the filtration and water change schedule?

TowBoater
12-29-2007, 01:05 AM
Dru has it summed up. Are the worms his only food source? Feed variety as stated above, to much live food is a bad thing.

OscarFan
12-29-2007, 07:07 AM
If your feeding just worms hes getting to much protien

cgcomeaux
01-03-2008, 06:40 AM
i read somewhere that a dose of epsom salt can contribute to a fish who has a bloated stomach. Don't know this first hand so you may want to ask around. I read it on another forum about oscars.

Willyleigh
01-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Try feeding boiled peas for a while. It will help to clear him out.

If they're anything like my oscar they wont eat peas.

Ocellatus
01-11-2008, 09:06 PM
you should mix it well with something like beef heart. pea is a constant ingredient of my frozen mix. however big oscars might stop eating properly sometimes, if theres no problem with the water conditions and food and no sign of disease, just give them time. it maybe take some weeks but it will be ok then.