PDA

View Full Version : Pinkish red spot on my cory cat

kurly
12-28-2007, 11:15 PM
I noticed a pinkish red spot on the underside of my cory cat and I have no idea what it is. The cory is acting fine, eating well and I haven't noticed any odd behavior. Does anyone know what the spot could be?

I don't have the ability to post a picture so I hope my description will suffice.

Thanks

Dave66
12-29-2007, 12:58 AM
I noticed a pinkish red spot on the underside of my cory cat and I have no idea what it is. The cory is acting fine, eating well and I haven't noticed any odd behavior. Does anyone know what the spot could be?

I don't have the ability to post a picture so I hope my description will suffice.

Thanks

What kind of gravel are you using in your tank? Reason I ask is that the spot may be an abrasion from too sharp gravel or an object. Long as he's eating and acting fine, he should be ok. Corys in general are pretty tough little fish. Are his whiskers in good shape?

Dave

kurly
12-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Oh, I never even thought about that. I have the small round spectra stone gravel in my tank. Most of it is smooth but there are some pieces that aren't as smooth as I would like them to be. His whiskers are fine as well as the other cories. I make sure to check them several times a week. The underside of the other cories are all fine and I hope they stay that way.

Is there anything that I should do for him? I have a empty 5.5 gallon tank that I could put him in if I have to. It's not cycled though and he would be all alone. I don't want to stress him by separating him from his buddies but I really don't want it to turn into something that could get infected or even kill him.