PDA

View Full Version : Lip fungus?

NickFish
12-27-2007, 01:25 AM
My 1 danio and 2 of my rasboras have some white thing on their lip. Sort of like a large grain of sand on their bottom jaw. I am sure it isn't ich because i know what that looks like. I think it could be some kind of fungus. I can't get a good picture because my cameras broken though. Has anybody seen this kind of thing before and have any ideas what it could be? The fish seem to be acting fine and it doesn't stop them from eating properly it just looks out of place.
How do you get rid of fungus and what exactly causes it?

Lady Hobbs
12-27-2007, 02:37 AM
Mouth fungus. If you can move them out and treat them, that would be ideal. If not, you'll have to treat them where they are. Fungal meds will do it for you. Remove carbon if medicating.

southernbelle
12-27-2007, 02:52 AM
I am dealing with that now with my Bala shark. We could not catch our shark so we have taken out the carbon and are using Jungle Fungus Eliminator. I just started today so I'm not sure how well it works.

NickFish
12-27-2007, 01:16 PM
I am not sure it is mouth fungus because i have seen mouth fungus before and this looks just like a tumor. Hope to get some pictures up soon.