unleashed
12-26-2007, 04:27 AM
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1278745

cocoa_pleco
12-26-2007, 06:12 AM
OUCH, sounds like hes having a merry christmas

Rue
12-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Man...that would suck...I hadn't planned on getting one...although they're totally intriguing...

...btw...do you have a different nickname for RC? I post under Rue...but in the RSM threads mostly...

Fenix
12-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Oh no I have one. I guess I should remove it just incase, what do I do with it after?

Tolley
12-26-2007, 09:16 PM
DAM! that so bad! :|

cocoa_pleco
12-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Oh no I have one. I guess I should remove it just incase, what do I do with it after?

if you want to get rid of it kill it and put it in the garbage or put it in a sealed container, or setup a separate tank for it

2manyfish
12-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Well I certainly feel sorry for the guy....but I wouldn't condemn all cukes. Not all cukes are as deadly as others. The more brightly colored the cuke is the more toxic it is.
Part of the problem is the tank itself too. Like if you have a tank where any potential problem animal can get sucked into equipment - or a tank where the fish are very aggressive - these are situations where I would avoid something like a cucumber or say a lettuce sea slug. BTW a sea apple is a bad idea regardless of set up or tankmates! They just never seem to do well and will often die suddenly and they are very toxic!

I had two brown atlantic cukes. They did a bang up job on my reef tank. The fish in the tank were very mild fish and did not bother the cukes. There was no equipment they could get sucked into.
However, when the hurricanes struck they were the first animals I kept my eye on. By the second storm, when it became apparent that things were going downhill, they were the first animals I pulled out of the tank and destroyed.

We keep alot of things in saltwater that are deadly. The toxins in button polyps are one of the deadliest on earth. You just have to be aware of the potential for harm and take precautions.

Fenix
12-29-2007, 04:59 AM
if you want to get rid of it kill it and put it in the garbage or put it in a sealed container, or setup a separate tank for it

it actually went under a rock and i cant get at it. oh well i m sure its harmless.

YaYgoldFish
12-29-2007, 05:07 AM
it actually went under a rock and i cant get at it. oh well i m sure its harmless.

How are you sure its harmless?..