PDA

View Full Version : 2 gal

Full3R
08-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Ok ive had my betta for 3 months now, i want to set up my 2 gal for him
i have a heater and gravel for him so far i need to ask some question to perfect his tank for him

how deep should the gravel be?
how should it be plants?
what ornaments should he have?
what companions if any in the small tank?
what lighting?
what airations and filteration?
And any extra info is greatly aprriciated?

Full3R
08-17-2006, 06:29 PM
sorry i would like to also add/ask that i have cut up and old undergravel panel and cut the shoots down to size to fit the tank will this be alright? it works in exactly the same way as it use to

NorthernBoy
08-18-2006, 05:16 AM
i dont think you need any airation as bettas breath at the top of the tank. if it is just 1 betta you shouldnt need a undergravel filter either. as far as a heater goes you shouldn't need one if you keep your house at a comfortable temperature. If you can wear a t-shirt and be comfortable.

NorthernBoy
08-18-2006, 05:18 AM
oh and plants...go to a local pond supplier and they can sell you some really nice lillies. I had a friend who said that betta's live in the rice fields where he is from. I don't know how to cultivate rice but it would be cool to have a natural setup.

William
08-18-2006, 09:58 PM
- You don't need gravel so add after taste.
- I would use floating plants.
- No decoration needed if the roots of the floating plants hangs down.
- I think I would keep just the betta (perhaps peacock goby)
- No airation needed.

Full3R
08-19-2006, 11:44 PM
oh ok kool thanx so what about a light because i have a normal bed side lamp i use on tanks sometimes that produces a small amount of daylight sinthisizer the betta likes also would i possibly be able to keep a small 1 inch bristlenose cat in there till it got bigger?