PDA

View Full Version : Need recomandations..

YaYgoldFish
12-24-2007, 05:24 AM
Alright, this is for the lizard people of this forum(hoping theirs a few).

I have this 10g but theirs a crack 1 inch from the top, so i can`t fill it with water anymore. So I was wondering if i could completely empty it out, buy all the things needed and buy some sort of small lizard. No snakes nothing special.

I`m looking for a lizard that stays relatively (small 3-4 inches). I was searching and thought about getting one anole lizard? I`m also looking for something under 50 dollars. Thanks and happy hollidays!

Palor
12-24-2007, 05:36 AM
a 10g tank is really unsuitable for the more active reptiles. However many house geckos(house geckos, Indonesian geckos, Mediterranean geckos) will do just fine in a 10g.

They are shy and nocturnal, but can be very fun to watch with moon lamp. Just need some plants, hides and a rough rock or piece of wood. Also need to keep humidity up.

theres also some species of small skink, but these are much harder to find in pet stores.

cocoa_pleco
12-24-2007, 06:55 AM
i dont know much about reptiles but yeah geckos would work

Fishguy2727
12-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Leopard geckos would probably be the most enjoyable. They are nocturnal but not strictly the way many others are. They are also terrestrial and not arboreal like the others mentioned meaning they won't come flying out of the tank. I would consider a 10 minimum but satisfactory for a leopard gecko.

Rue
12-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Leopard geckos are suprisingly active...I wouldn't use a 10g for one...too small a footprint...

But you could get away with 2 anoles (one gets too lonely) or 2 house geckos because they also use the height of the tank...you need lots of branches...

YaYgoldFish
12-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Well I was going for anoles. Problem is, i do one week at my moms, one week at my dads. The tank would be at my dads with all the other tanks so I wouldn`t be able to keep the tank moisturized enough. Would be too much trouble..well the planning was fun while it lasted..

snipers_den
01-01-2008, 05:11 AM
anoles...geckos...and skinks would do nicely in a 10 gallon tank....

rjh_1981
01-07-2008, 10:42 AM
You could do a crocidile gecko, they only get a few inches and are a lot of fun to watch when feeding

tropfish
01-08-2008, 12:11 AM
I would go with anoles. I used to have a green anole, cool little things. You could also do a half gravel/sand half water thing and do firebellylizards, i used to have two of them also.

Benny2k1
01-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Japanese firebelly newts i would reccomend, easy to look after and i find my 4 firebellys fun to watch

YaYgoldFish
01-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Guys..old post/not getting lizards..read the older posts before posting a reply.

And after I posted i couldn't do lizards, the best Idea was Benny, thanks for giving me the idea.