PDA

View Full Version : African Dwarf frog-feeding

jnskthrn
08-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Ok so I finally talked my dear husband into letting me get a 10 gallon tank. I transfered all three guppies and one ended up dying. Now we have bought an African dwarf frog and like your article says he is the shyest creature I have ever seen! I wish he would come out from behind the rock thing that's in the aquarium. Anyway... He finally did come out for a few seconds when I fed everybody today. He ate some tropical flakes and he attempted to eat a shrimp pellet I had dropped in. My question is, can he eat a regular sinking shrimp pellet? I could not find any thing else at the store that sinks and gets soft that is a pellet. Is it the same thing you describe in the article? Oh and will he eat betta food? Cause we have that here too. Dried blood worms. I know the guppies will eat the dried blood worms. Anyway... Just looking for advice. I absolutely adore him. My daughter calls him "froggy". Real original I know hehe but she is only 8. Thanks in advance.
Katherine

Full3R
08-17-2006, 04:42 PM
I could be wrong but i believe some people place a bowl or a plate at the bottom of the tank and then place food in there, blood worms and blackworms ive heard are good food for them but like i said i could be wrong

kimmers318
08-18-2006, 12:36 PM
The small dish in the aquarium works for mine....I feed frozen bloodworm, mysis shrimp, brine shrimp and mosquito larva to my dwarfpuffers that are in there and they sample most of it....with bloodworms being a big favorite, so I make sure some always falls to the dish. When it is feeding time they know where to run to. A couple of times a week I also drop in frog and tadpole bites, making sure to pinch them between my 2 fingers so they get wet before dropping them so they fall straight to the dish instead of floating around.
Take heart....you will eventually see froggy once he gets comfy in the tank. If there are fish in there that are harassing the frog though, you may not see him too much. I have also noticed that having 2 or 3 makes them much more active.