PDA

View Full Version : African Peacock "Dwarf" Cichlids?? (urgent?)

Matt23
12-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Hello,

I bought these really nice peacock cichlids about a year and a half ago. Now, as a cichlid hobbyist, I know that cichlids usually grow over that period of time. One of them, (male) died last year in December. He had ich, but we used something called NOX-ICK to remove it. But he was also really darkened in terms of skin colour after we finished with the Nox-Ich remedy. He was not lethargic at all, then one day he just died, untouched. He was just probably 2 years old! Now, I have these two females, who are not lethargic either, but are not growing at all. I don't get why this is happening, but they are the exact size of dwarf cichlids. Is this some sort of disease, because one of the baby German Red cichlids was born Lethargic and died after a month! I don't want my cichlids to die! Can someone please tell me what is going on so maybe I could take action? And is there such a species as a Dwarf Peacock Cichlid? pls. let me know!

Bye for now and Merry Christmas, Matt23. :confused:

cocoa_pleco
12-23-2007, 10:48 PM
what size tank are they in?

Matt23
12-23-2007, 10:51 PM
The tank size is 30 U.S Gallons, and the females are 2 inches each. They are exactly the same size!