PDA

View Full Version : would this be enough???

squirt_12
12-23-2007, 01:58 AM
when i get my otos i am afraid that they will not be getting enough algae so i am going to feed them zuchinni, vegie rounds, and of course algae.

for the algae could i just take a couple of rocks and let them sit in the sun, while submrged in water, and let the algae grow on the and then set them in the tank for the otos to eat???

would that work??

i could also set the rocks in my 33g as the pleco wont eat the algae off of rocks that small.

the rocks are about 5cm wide all around.

thanks.thumbs2:

P.S.
I have 2 of the little rocks in my 10g and they are a dark green (they were originally white). so would that be fine for the otos??

"the"Trinity
12-23-2007, 02:34 AM
Sounds like a good plan you have there.

We tried feeding our otos veggies and they just would not go for them. The only thing our otos go for are algae wafers, which actually makes things much easier when it comes to feeding them. We just throw part of an algae wafer in before shutting the lights off. It's usually gone by the next morning, and our otos look fat and happy. thumbs2:

spudbuds
12-23-2007, 05:00 AM
Sounds like a good plan squirt. You'll probably just have to try some different things and see what they like. Mine love the veggies and won't go near an algae wafer (probably because the other fish are all over them).

OscarFan
12-23-2007, 07:03 AM
sounds good. I just got an Oto too. But i have plenty of algae for mine.unless he grows as big as that dang pleco