PDA

View Full Version : Filter for Betta

gwenkat
08-17-2006, 12:31 AM
I was in Wal-Mart the other day to pick up a larger tank for my Betta when I saw the most gorgeous Betta in a cup. Well, I had to save him, so he came home with me. So did a 1 gallon bow front aquarium with under gravel filter with an air stone.

The air stone produces so much air that when left at full speed it makes the water bubble out the feed hole in the hood of the tank. There is no way to adjust the flow on this model so I crimped the air hose to slow it down. Last night it just stopped all together, so I had to readjust the clamp to make the filter start again. I don't want to lose the filter, but I also don't want to have to keep adjusting a clamp on the hose to keep the water in the tank. Is there anything I can do? Do they make a smaller filter that I could use for the water?

On another note, I am having trouble thinking of a name for this betta. Any suggestions would be most welcome!!

Thank you all for your help!

William
08-17-2006, 01:49 AM
They do make very small filters.

DemonShark
08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
They also make adjusting valves which my grandfather showed me to work bassically it a seperation between the two pipes and you adjust with a screw the preasure

DemonShark
08-17-2006, 11:06 AM
NAme it Alex lol

gwenkat
08-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Thank you Demonshark, I went to PetSmart and got a valve. Now everything is great!!
Alex is a very nice name, it is my brother's too. I just don't think it is right for my fish. Nice try.

My husband suggested we call him Zeus. I think I'll go with that.