PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with my featherfin?

Lady Hobbs
12-22-2007, 06:23 AM
My cichlids were beating the heck out of him so I moved these guys together tonight. I was amazed because they got along just fine right from the beginning. Eight months ago when I tried putting them together it was a battle so they've been separated all this time.

One of them has a spot on the base of his fin, both sides. Isn't white like fungus but more like a wound but I can't see how the cichlids could have damaged him in the same spot on both sides. I believe fin rot starts at the ends of the fins. Not sure, tho.

I wonder if I should just get some fungus cure tomorrow?

TowBoater
12-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Looks like a sore. I would use half dose aquarium salt, Melafix, and stress coat if your not sure what it is.

Lady Hobbs
12-22-2007, 02:34 PM
I was thinking about using salt this morning. Going in town today and will get the other stuff if this stupid town has anything.

An angelfish I had some time ago had a lump sticking out of her gill and had it for quite a while.....like about 4 months. She acted fine and breathed fine but it just bugged me. Honestly, I added some salt to her tank and that lump went away in 3 days!! Salt is an age old cure all but I hadn't expected results that fast.

Thanks Kuli

OH OH. Checked him just now and it's totally white. Going to get some fungal meds.

Lady Hobbs
12-23-2007, 05:42 AM
Poor thing is in the quarantine tank with fungus meds and salt. He comes to the front of the glass whenever I walk over to his tank like "let me outta here." Now that I can see him better, this is only one one side of his fin. I'm wondering if he didn't get his fin caught.