PDA

View Full Version : Confused.....

kurly
12-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Okay, I went to my LFS today hoping to get a honey gouramis but decided not to because either I am totally confused or they have the info on the tanks wrong. I looked at the tank that said "honey gouramis" but the info stated that it grows to 4 inches and is a bottom dweller! As a matter of fact every tank they had which included gouramis said the exact same thing. The clerk wasn't any help at all when I questioned her about this.

If I am not mistaken, I thought the Honey Gouramis was the smaller species and only grew to 2.5" and is a top dweller.

Am I wrong or are they?

Dave66
12-21-2007, 05:24 PM
They are in the wrong, you are correct. The Honey Gorami does indeed reach 2.5 inches and is a top dweller as they breath atmospheric air as part of their respiration.

Dave

Tolley
12-21-2007, 07:01 PM
you are correct, most lfs don't know nothing these days.

lasm
12-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Everything is correct but I do not agree with the size of the pearl gourami.

The pearl gourami is more like a three spot or blue gourami than a dwarf gourami. Therefore, it can reach a size of 4 to 4.5 inches.

UPS...!!! Sorry, after I reviewed the comment I noticed my mistake, I was talking about pearl and you are talking about honey. Sorry for the inconvenient.

Luis.

kurly
12-21-2007, 10:20 PM
I guess I shall try another LFS then. I want the smaller gouramis not the larger one. Now when I do finally find one that is labeled correctly I will still wonder if it is in fact the smaller or the larger. I just hope I have better luck in finding a smaller gouramis. Most of the LFS's in my area don't carry the smaller species of anything.

lasm
12-22-2007, 07:21 PM
You should always to a little research on the internet about the fish that you would like to have to see if you have an adequate tank size and water parameters.

Check always for compatibility if you are thinking in a community tank.

Good luck.