PDA

View Full Version : Little white worms

richberstler
12-18-2007, 04:35 AM
I did my research on here and it seems they are harmless to my shrimp tank. In fact they seem to be eating them, so some free live food!?!

I had an accident and overfed shrimp pellets to them a few days ago, but figured, as scavangers, I'd just leave the food in there and not feed them for awhile. Never expected to see worms and other tiny swimming things (I think it's seed shrimp) pop up where the food was.

I don't want to vacuum the tank right now because I had 1 or 2 females birth a bunch of really small CRS. I also fear adding a fish for the same reason. I feel safe leaving the worms as food. And believe me it will probably be a week until I feed them again.

Unless someone disagrees....

Dave66
12-18-2007, 04:43 AM
Nematodes and copepods is what you have, Rich. The surge in food means a surge in life. If the shrimp are eating them, no problem. Just don't feed the shrimp for a couple days 'til they clean up.

Dave

richberstler
12-18-2007, 04:46 AM
As I hoped, Thanks

richberstler
12-18-2007, 05:01 AM
One extra thing to note which may be coincidence, once I made this overfeeding mistake, all prego shrimp gave birth and it appears most of the remainder of the femails have that white "spot" on their back indicating they are all carrying eggs. Not that I plan to overfeed ever again, it suppose I like the accidental results.